7/14/07

On Shopping

If you've seen my wardrobe, you know I haven't been shopping in a while. And it's been even longer since I've actually wandered around the mall from store to store, really shopping. My sweet husband took my daughter for the morning and better part of the afternoon so I could wander the 1.6 million square foot madness that is not even one of the largest malls in America. Fortunately, I learned from a friend not to try on any tube tops (no link here, but you know who you are!), and the zipper didn't get stuck on any dresses (ahem, BJ). I got some amazing deals, and walked away with six new pairs of pants, four new shirts, one sweater and one dress for just over $150. But the best thing of all? Being reminded of yet one more thing I love about my husband while listening to his iPod playlist during the drive: I sang along with Mercy Me, and then immediately following danced to House of Pain. What can I say, but he's well-rounded in his music tastes?

5 comments:

Llama Momma said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates shopping!! It sounds like you got some great deals, though. Yay, you!

Alyssa said...

Was all that stuff from that one store that you and Onevoice were talking about at writers' group last month? Wherever you went, you got a lot of stuff for not much mula; I need to know your secret!

spaghettipie said...

LM - I think that was part of that weekend we missed out on...I did find some great deals, though and it's nice to have cute clothes that fit!

BITS - Not all of it. I did buy 4 pairs of jeans from there (Steve and Barry, folks) for less than $50. The secret? Persistence and a set budget.

onevoice said...

Also a good place to go right now - Ann Taylor Loft. They're having one heck of a sale. I hate to shop too, but took some of my bday $ on Saturday. Very nice.

BJ Hamrick said...

LOL... you crack me up! Love it! And your final price was amazing. I think I'll hire you as my personal shopper!

<3 BJ
www.bjhamrick.com