7/18/07

3...2...1...


Just three days left until the big one. Or shall I say the big 3-0?

My husband asked me the other day if I felt older, and really, I don't. I mean, one day doesn't really make that big of a difference. What is crazy to me is to realize that we're no longer twenty-somethings. We're entering middle age, with a family, a mortgage and careers. I've been considering volunteering with our college ministry next year, which caused me to reflect upon my time in college. Through my church, I had an "adopted family" who invested in me, let me do my laundry and fed me a home-cooked meal on occasion. They were more like surrogate parents than buddies. And then I realized, if I get involved with college students, THAT'S how they will view me!

But never fear. I'm not stressing over aging. I'm actually really excited about what this next decade may bring and what God will teach me.

So look out thirty, HERE I COME!

Photo: I am 30, hear me ROAR! (2007)

11 comments:

Craver Vii said...

30=middle-aged? rotfl!

spaghettipie said...

Now, Craver. I said entering middle age. In my mind, if I break life into thirds, then I'm moving into the second 3rd of my life...
On a side note, should someone your age be rolling around on the floor? You might hurt yourself. :)

Alyssa said...

I'm feeling like the old woman of the writers' group after hearing you and Onevoice talk about your young birthdays the past few weeks! Sounds like you've got a great attitude for entering this next third of life!

L.L. Barkat said...

With the exception of knowing that aging moves me towards physical death, I like aging. It has meant true growth and new avenues. I really wouldn't trade it for eternal youth.

Katie said...

Movin on up . . . and I'm not far behind you. Happy Birthday Tina!!! (just a few days early)

Anne Mateer said...

Thirty panicked me--but it wasn't so bad. Forty is GREAT. I think I feel younger now than I did in my 20s and 30s, when I had young children!

Happy Birthday, friend!

Craver Vii said...

You're right. Somebody please help me up...

spaghettipie said...

*lends a youthful hand* Here, maybe you'd like this cane?

spaghettipie said...

BITS - Nah, there's still TJ and Sarah! :)

LL - I love to hear that, and isn't it great that even with approaching physical death, we get to go home!

Katie - C'Mon girl, join the club!

OMW - Always good to hear from survivors of the 30's.

The Dynamic Uno said...

Come on in--the 30's are fine! Welcome to the club!

onevoice said...

Happy Birthday! I hope its a good one. I'll expect a good blog later full of all the insight of the day. See you tomorrow...